Here's a list of what I feed my guinea pigs.
- Lettuce:My guinea pigs LOVE lettuce.I would give them mostly romane lettuce.I give them some pretty much every day but sometimes I don't. DO NOT give them iceberg lettuce as it can cause them to have an upset tummy or diarrhea.
- Red or Green Bell Peppers Seedless: I haven't tried orange bell peppers so you should ask your vet about that or something. It has very high vitamin C so it's great for them. My guinea pigs chow down on it. I give it to the every day.
- Fresh Grass: I've heard that fresh grass is very good for them but I haven't tried yet because it's winter over here. Make sure there's no pesticides on it or dog pee.
- Cucumber: They LOVE cucumber becuase it has lots of water in it so it makes them very happy. I give it to the every other day.
- Tomato: If you're using a slice from a large tomato take out the seeds. Or use baby tomatos remove green tops because they're poisonous.
- Carrot: Every other day.
- Brocolli: twice weekly.
- Seedless grapes, apple slices, pear slices twice a week only one though not all of them.
Give them loads of hay so they can gnaw their teeth down because their teeth are constantly growing. Put their pellets in a heavy bowl so they can't knock it over. And, give them fresh water everyday, replace it everyday too. Put it in a bowl or a water bottle (for guinea pigs). I give them a two fresh veggies in the morning and two at night.
Please comment on how I can make my blog better.